We stand with the women of Iran!​


We offer you a panoply of cutting-edge services

We Speak English Spanish /Español Portuguese /Português Farsi / فارسی Russian / Pусский 

Secure a “waiver” in order to re-enter the country

If a foreign national does something to exclude him from being able to apply for a visa, he may need to secure a “waiver” in order to re-enter the country. If you have been determined to be inadmissible into the U.S., our experienced waiver lawyers are prepared to file a comprehensive application to open the opportunity for your reentry.

When Is A Waiver Needed?

The following is a list of common reasons why an individual may be inadmissible to the U.S.:

  • Deportation or removal from the U.S.
  • Overstay of a visa
  • Criminal conviction
  • Fraud or misrepresentation on immigration documents
  • Health-related inadmissibility

Depending on the reason for inadmissibility, an individual may be banned from re-entry for three, five, or ten years. In certain circumstances, a lifetime ban may be imposed. In spite of these bans, there may still be an option to legally re-enter the country through a I-601 or I-212 waiver.

What Must A Waiver Show?

Inadmissibility waivers are difficult to obtain, however a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer can help you identify the existing options you may have to apply for reentry into the U.S. Depending on the circumstances, a I-601 and/or I212 waiver may be needed to overcome a ground of inadmissibility. To be successful in such an application, generally you must show that a refusal of admission into the United States would lead to extreme hardship to your U.S. citizen spouse, parent, or child.

At Sethi & Mazaheri, our lawyers are prepared to make the case that your family would face hardship by preparing affidavits and compiling evidence proving the devastating impact that would result if your entry is refused.

What is the Provisional Waiver?

Individuals who are eligible for an I-601a waiver stand to benefit greatly from President Obamas new rule which will permit applicants to wait in the United States while their application is being processed. A provisional waiver lawyer can guide you through this process as the new rule is being implemented.

The immigration lawyers at Sethi & Mazaheri have extensive experience assisting clients seeking waivers.

Waivers Related Blogs

Let us work on your case

Or simply fill out the form and one of our attorneys will get back to you pretty shortly.

We're Here
To Assist You

Subscribe to Sethi & Mazaheri’s monthly newsletter and receive important immigration-related  updates.

Skip to content