Sethi and Mazaheri, LLC (“Sethimaz”) appreciates the trust and respects the privacy of everyone who uses its Website(s). This Privacy Statement explains how Sethimaz collects, uses, stores, and protects the information that we collect from users of our Website(s), as well as your rights and choices regarding the information that we collect.
Sethimaz is U.S. based law firm with domestic and international immigration and business clients. As a result, information that we collect on our Website(s) from overseas, including personal information, may be transferred to our U.S. offices to permit us to comply with our legal and contractual obligations, to provide information and services to prospective and current clients, and to perform related business activities. In addition, we may work with third-party service providers in the U.S. and in other countries to support our business activities. Thus, personal information may be transferred to, stored on servers in, and accessed from the United States and countries other than the country in which the information was initially collected. In all such instances, we use, transfer, and disclose personal information solely for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Information Collection Not Covered by this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement also does not apply to personal information that Sethimaz collects and uses for employment-related purposes, whether through this Website or through a Website operated on our behalf by a third-party service provider.
This Privacy Statement also does not apply to data that Sethimaz collects when it provides services to its Clients through its client-use-only secured internet portal (“Client Platform”).
What Sethimaz Means by “Personal Information”
For purposes of this Privacy Statement, “Personal Information” means any information from or about a person that either identifies that person directly or that makes that person identifiable when it is combined with other information from or about that person from any source. Personal Information stops being personal information when it has been aggregated, de-identified, or otherwise anonymized sufficiently that the individual is no longer identified or identifiable using reasonable efforts, resources, and technology.
Information that We Collect From and About You
Categories of Personal Information that wWe Collect on the Website(s)
- Physical address
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Business contact information, including names, email addresses, business addresses, telephone numbers, company name or business affiliation, and title
- Personal information that you choose to share with us voluntarily when you ask a question, request follow-up, or otherwise interact with us
- Identifiers of devices used to access the Website
- Locations of devices used to access the Website
Information that You Provide to Us Voluntarily
If you choose to communicate with us through an online form, by sending us an email, by requesting additional information, by registering for one of our events, by purchasing goods or services from us, or by otherwise contacting us, we will collect whatever information, including personal information, that you choose to provide us with. We will combine that information with other information that we collect from and about you as described in this Privacy Statement.
Information that We Collect Automatically When You Visit Our Website
Our Website(s) automatically creates logs regarding user sessions that contain information about the features that you use, the actions that you take, and the information that you access. When your session ends, Sethimaz only retains the information in a statistical and aggregated format (non-personal information) that we use for research purposes, assessing the effectiveness of our Website(s), and improving user experience.
We collect and retain information from Google Analytics and Siteimprove in a statistical and aggregated format (non-personal information) for research purposes, assessing the effectiveness of our Website(s), and improving user experience.
Email Tracking Technology
Information that We Collect From Other Sources
Sethimaz may obtain information, including personal information, from our business partners and service providers. This information includes, but is not limited to, information that we receive from direct marketing providers, third-party publishers, email distribution software, and social media platforms. We also may combine information we receive from third parties with other information we collect from you as described in this Privacy Statement. In addition, we may review, collect, and use information that you post publicly about us or our activities on public-facing websites, social media platforms, blogs or that you otherwise present to the public. Finally, in engaging on our social media sites individuals may provide information about another individual. We assume that the individual has permission and authority to do so and to consent on behalf of that individual to the collection and use of personal information as described in this Privacy Statement, but we will delete such information if contacted by the affected individual. Please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why We Collect Information From and About You
Sethimaz does not collect, use, share, or disclose your personal information for anything other than the following lawful purposes:
To establish and maintain contractual relationships with our clients:
- To establish relationships with new clients
- To fulfill our obligations to current clients
- To contact clients regarding account-related issues and business communications, including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages
- To enable individuals to access and use our Services
To comply with our legal obligations:
- To demonstrate compliance with applicable privacy and data security law
- To comply with incident monitoring, reporting, assessment, and notification requirements
- To comply with other applicable criminal and civil law and regulatory requirements under federal, state, and international law
To provide services and information that you request and consent to receive:
- To provide customer service and support
- To communicate with you, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests
- To process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices
- To provide direct marketing, email, and other distributed information distribution
To fulfill our other legitimate interests to the extent that they are not overridden by individual interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms:
- To administer, operate, maintain, and secure our Website(s)
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Website(s) and to conduct our business activities
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to our Website(s), and other illegal activities
- To verify compliance with our internal policies and procedures
- For accounting, recordkeeping, backup, and administrative purposes
- To customize and improve the content of our communications and Website(s)
- To provide information and education
- To provide, operate, maintain, improve, personalize, and promote our business activities
- To develop new products, services, features, and functionality
To the greatest extent possible, we will use aggregated, de-identified, or otherwise anonymized data to accomplish these purposes, but if we do not, or if we combine it with Personal Information we will continue to treat personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Sethimaz’s Information Sharing and Disclosure
Except to the extent necessary to fulfill our business obligations, to accomplish one of the lawful purposes described in this Privacy Statement, or in response to your express instructions, we do not sell, transfer, or otherwise disclose personal information that we collect from or about you.
With Your Express Consent: We will share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Sethimaz when we have your prior express consent to do so.
When You Choose to Directly Share Your Information About Our Website(s) or Your Usage: When you use our Website(s), certain features allow you to make some of your usage and content accessible to the public, directly or through social media platforms, We urge you to consider the sensitivity of any information prior to sharing it publicly or with other users.
With Our Service Providers, Business Partners and Others to Accomplish Our Business Purposes as Stated in this Privacy Statement: We may share your information with our service providers and other third parties who perform services on our behalf, such as infrastructure, analytics, marketing, and email marketing services. Service providers such as analytics providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services when you use our Website(s).
When Necessary to Comply with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests or Otherwise to Protect Sethimaz, Its Clients, and Individuals: We may disclose your information (including your personal information) to a third party if:
- We believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- To enforce our agreements, policies, and terms of service;
- To protect the security or integrity of Sethimaz products and services;
- To respond to an incident involving personal data for which Sethimaz has direct or indirect responsibility;
- To protect the property, rights, and safety of Sethimaz, our clients, or the public
- To prevent harm or illegal activities;
- To respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing serious harm to any person or entity; or
- To investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations.
As the Result of a Business Transition: We may share or transfer your information (including your personal information) in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. We will take reasonable steps to assure that any other entity involved continues to comply with the terms of this Privacy Statement. We will notify you of such a change in ownership or transfer of assets by posting a notice on our Website(s).
Sharing Aggregate, Anonymized, De-identified, or Otherwise Non-Personal Data: We may share personal information that has been aggregated, de-identified, or otherwise anonymized and thus does not directly or indirectly identify you and that cannot, with reasonable efforts, resources, and technologies, be used to re-identify you. Such aggregated, anonymized, de-identified, or otherwise not re-identifiable information is not personal information within the scope of this Privacy Statement or applicable privacy laws.
Your Control Over Information that We Collect from and About You
- You may decline to share certain personal information such as Names, Physical address, Email addresses, Telephone numbers, and Business contact information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with some of the features and functionality of our Website(s) or fulfill your requests.
- You may decline to accept cookies, but that decision may affect the functionality and performance of our Website(s).
- You may update or correct your personal information at any time by accessing the account settings page on the Website(s).
- You may opt out of receiving Sethimaz promotional communications by using the unsubscribe link within each email. Note that, as long as you maintain an account with us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Services.
- You may request information about, and access to, the personal data that we collect from you.
- You may ask questions or make complaints about our privacy and data security practices with regard to your personal data.
- You may request that we delete information that we have collected about you.
- You may ask us for a copy of the information that we collected from you.
To modify the way we record information about you, please contact us at privacy@Sethimaz.com. To no longer receive information from us, please contact us at unsubscribe@Sethimaz.com. For other questions about our privacy and data security practices, contact us at privacy@Sethimaz.com.
Sethimaz uses reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the personal information that we collect. We protect personal information under our control against—and require our service providers to also protect against—accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of or access to, personal data that is transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed. Only authorized employees have access to the data you provide, and that access is limited to least privilege, need to know access. Sethimaz employees who have access to your personal data have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of that information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have concerns about the security of your information with Sethimaz, please contact us immediately at privacy@Sethimaz.com.
Sethimaz policy is to retain information about use of our Website(s) only as long as it is being retained to accomplish the business purpose for which it was collected and to comply with Sethimaz’s legal and contractual obligations. When Sethimaz acts to delete your personal data, for example at your request, Sethimaz’s policy is to dispose of that information securely or convert it into non-personal information by aggregating it, de-identifying it, or otherwise anonymizing it so that it does not directly or indirectly identify you and cannot, with reasonable efforts, resources, and technologies, be used to re-identify you.
Our Website(s), and the services we provide to our clients, are not directed to or intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at privacy@Sethimaz.com.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Sethimaz may change and update this Privacy Statement from time to time, including materially changing the use made of personal information described herein. Any change or update to our Privacy Statement will be posted on our Website(s) under “Sethimaz Statement” prior to implementation.
Personal Data Modifications, Questions, Complaints or Additional Information
To modify the way we record information about you, for questions, complaints, or other information regarding our privacy and data security practices, contact us at privacy@Sethimaz.com. To no longer receive information from us, please contact us at unsubscribe@Sethimaz.com.