We stand with the women of Iran!​

H-1B Visa

H-1B Visa

An H-1B Visa is a temporary worker visa that allows foreign nationals to reside in the US for a specialty occupation. The amount of H1-B visas issued each year is limited, so be sure to consult with an attorney to make sure your application is thoroughly completed for best chances of approval.


An H-1B visa permits an individual to stay in the US for 3 years, and they may choose to extend this to a maximum of 6 years.

H-1B visa Eligibility

Applicant must have and be able to establish all of the following:

  • Bachelor’s degree or above, or a higher education equivalent
  • Offer of work, which must be in a specialty occupation
  • Must have professional skill or knowledge in the specialty occupation
  • Sponsorship by a legitimate company

How to Apply

  • Fill out a Form I-129 (Petition for Nonimmigrant work visa)
  • Complete the visa application
    • Fill out Form DS-160, and print the confirmation of completion to take with you to your interview
    • Upload a photo that meets the requirements
  • Schedule an interview with the embassy or consulate. For interview questions or tips, please contact an attorney.
  • Please remember to bring the following documents with you to your interview:
    • A valid passport
    • Nonimmigrant Visa application (confirmation as indicated above)
    • Photo** if for whatever reason the upload fails in your application, you must bring one with you to the interview in the proper format
    • Receipt number from the submitted Form 1-129 

At the interview, you will have your fingerprint scanned and an official will determine whether you qualify for a visa. Depending on how the interview goes, you may be required to undergo additional administrative processing if the officer believes it’s necessary.

It is important to understand that approval of your petition does not guarantee approval for the visa. It is highly advisable to make such considerations when finalizing your travel arrangements.

If you have any questions or concerns about applying for an H-1B visa, extending your visa, or changing your status, please feel free to contact us at 646-405-9846 or info@sethimaz.com.

Let us work on your case

Or simply fill out the form and one of our attorneys will get back to you pretty shortly.

We're Here
To Assist You

Subscribe to Sethi & Mazaheri’s monthly newsletter and receive important immigration-related  updates.

Skip to content