Transfer a Us Immigration Case to Another Embassy

As a petitioner, you may want to choose to transfer your immigration case to another US embassy or consulate. 

In any case, you should be aware of the pros and cons of transferring your case. Sometimes it is beneficial not to transfer your case to another embassy because of the process involved and the time taken for the whole process. 

What is the procedure of transfer a US immigration case to another embassy? 

Before deciding to transfer your immigrant visa case to another embassy, the foremost thing is to know the procedure.  Sethi and Mazaheri law firm always take steps to inform immigrants of the existing immigration procedure in the real world. We don’t want you to make any rash decisions that could hurt your visa application. 

In which embassy should I make my visa case transfer request? 

The simple answer is to make a transfer request to the embassy where you want to transfer your visa case, and the embassy will itself make a formal transfer request to the embassy which is handling your case for the transfer. If everything goes right, your case will be transferred successfully. 

Requesting to transfer a K Visa 

You should contact the US embassy in writing requesting a transfer of your K Visa and mention the reasons for such a request. A new visa fee will be needed if you paid the MRV fees at the initial post, and the transfer request to a different post is later granted. 

All in all, it is up to you to weigh the pros and cons of both ends and choose an embassy that could give a decision on your case in less time.