Form Ar-11

Alien’s Change of Address Card

Are you a non-US citizen and changing your address in the US?  Bear in mind to file the AR-11 form within ten days of that change of address.


Section 265 of the American Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) makes a mandate for aliens/non-citizens of the US to report to the attorney general in writing concerning a change in their residential address within ten (10) days of such change.

What Will Happen if You Don’t File the  Ar-11 Form?

Is Reporting About Change of Address to Usps Sufficient?

If a non-citizen reports the change of address only to United States Postal Services (USPS), it will not appear in the records of USCIS

If any US citizen has sponsored a non-citizen by filling out Form I-864 (Affidavit of support) and changes his address subsequently, he should report to the USCIS of change in his/her address by filing Form I-865. 

If you do not file Form AR-11 on time, you can file it later. You can explain the cause of the delay to USCIS if the delay is not wilful. But make sure to comply with the requirements of USCIS so that your immigration applications or petitions are not affected.